This tutorial will explain how to browse your RPi Web Cam media folder from within Finder on MacOS.
On your Raspberry Pi:
- Update packages and install netatalk
- Create a password for the www-data account
sudo passwd www-data
On your Mac:
- Open terminal and type the following
- When the window pops up and asks for your username and password for the Raspberry Pi, enter www-data as the username, and the password you set above.
- You will now be able to browse the html folder and open video files from within media on your Mac.
- If the video file is opened in Preview, use the J K and L keys for the following:
J = Press to reverse video. Press more than once to increase the speed.
K = Play the video forward at normal speed.
L = Fast forward the video. Press more than once to increase the speed.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install netatalk